By: Jeff Simmermon at 05:50 pm
We released a pretty significant update to our iPad app a few weeks ago. And as I posted recently, we found some bugs and hiccups in the live production of the update that didn’t present themselves beforehand.
As of noon EST today, we released an update to the Apple store that should address a number of those known issues. It takes a little time for that to propagate across Apple’s servers, but by the time this posts, you should be all set. All you have to do to update is tap the App Store icon on your iPad and download this latest release.
The following text is copy-pasted directly from our release notes, just to provide you all with an organized drill-down of the issues we think we’ve fixed:
1. Stability – multiple bug fixes have greatly improved overall application stability. For example, the application will no longer crash when the device state changes from on net (on the home WiFi connection) to off-net.
2. Guide improvements – A number of issues with the interactive program guide have been addressed including:
- The last row of the guide is no longer hidden beneath the navigation bar. This was an issue primarily for favorite channel filtered view, where the last favorite channel could not be seen.
- Various guide rendering issues – Intermittently, guide data would overwrite other guide data
- Date chooser – tapping the current date now reveals a full 7 days of guide data
- Favorites filter – when the favorites filter is applied, favorite channels are now listed in ascending order by channel position.
- HD filter – accuracy of the HD channel filter has been improved. Additional database work is needed to deliver a 100% accurate filter for all divisions, and this work is in progress. Customers should be encouraged to add their favorite HD channels using the favorites filter as a short-term workaround.
- Snapping behavior – grid now gently “snaps” to align with time boundary
- Network logos – logo library has been updated to provide coverage for the vast majority of networks
3. DVR improvements – A number of DVR related issues have been addressed including:
Recording indicators in the grid for single & series recordings now appear as expected
- Conflict resolution – tuner conflicts now offer guided resolution (offering user the choice to keep the two existing recordings or cancel one recording to make room for a new recording)
- Series handling – The application will now successfully cancel a series recording and allow for recording non-episodic series events such as nightly news programs
- Performance – Improved responsiveness of the DVR list function
4. Device selector – now behaves as expected (fixed intermittent issue with the selector sliding off-screen)
5. Version number – In iOS settings, correct version number is now reflected
We also saw some user experience complaints unrelated to the app software itself, but rather to various infrastructure components that we continue to monitor and optimize. We’ve made some big changes there, and most users are already seeing improvements.
If you’ve downloaded this fix and are still experiencing problems, please let us know in the comments.