Have you ever been sitting at your computer and thought “man, I would love to watch streaming TV on my iPad, but I don’t want to stand up and walk all the way to the other side of the room to get it?”
If so, you’re in luck. You’re really going to want to clean your feeding tubes out for this one:
Today, we’re launching the beta version of TWC TV, available on any computer to Time Warner Cable subscribers. That means you can stream live TV right to your desktop computer, as well as manage your DVR and tune your set-top box.
Ever since launching the TWC TV app for the iPad, we’ve been expanding the platforms that our customers can use to get value from their video subscription, and this represents the latest star in that particular constellation.
If you’re interested in checking it out, just visit the website at http://www.twctv.com.
Here’s the full list of features:
- Live TV – Users scroll the “channel browser” to see a list of available channels with listings displaying network logo, show name, and episode name.
- Guide – Up to 7 days of listings data. Option to filter guide display by “favorites only,” “HD only” or ”available to watch on PC.” You can also set channels as favorites from the Guide.
- Set-top box tuning – “Watch on TV” button within the program description to tune an MDN/ODN set-top box directly to the channel.
- PC tuning – “Watch on PC” button within the program description to tune PC directly to the channel.
- DVR management – Schedule one-time and series recordings on MDN/ODN DVRs directly from the Guide’s show pages. Click on the “DVR” tab to see a list of all upcoming recordings and make changes or cancel recordings.
- Search – Ability to search the Guide by show title, episode and/or by person.
- Settings – Ability to manage Favorite channels, link to set Parental Controls, choose the Device (STB/DVR) to which you are connected for STB/DVR management, and turn on/off Closed Captioning on the website’s video player.
This will work for both PC and Mac. Here are the supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 and up
- Firefox 4 and up for mac and windows
- Safari 5 and up for mac and windows
- Chrome: Latest stable release which is 17
You’ll need to download or possibly upgrade Silverlight to version 4.
Customers with iGuide or SARA set-top boxes and analog video customers cannot tune their TVs using the TWC TV apps or website. Furthermore, you’ll need a high-speed data connection to use this. If you don’t happen to get our HSD service from TWC or Earthlink,we have to install a “video only” wireless gateway to enable the live video feature within the app. Program guide and set-top box tuning as well as DVR scheduling are accessible from any internet connection both in and out of home.
As always, we will be making refinements and improvements to this over time, adding features, functionality, and fixing bugs in upcoming releases.