By: Matthew Tremblay at 11:52 am
If you’re a political junkie like I am, than a presidential election year is like Christmas all over again. To help “celebrate the season” Time Warner Cable’s news stations throughout New York State will be producing and airing a series of political debates to better prepare its customers when they vote in key federal elections this November 6. The featured debates include:
- For all New York State customers – on October 17, NY1 and NY1 Noticias, YNN and Skidmore College hosted a debate between U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (Democrat) and Republican challenger Wendy Long. This was the two candidates’ only debate, and was be followed by a 30-minute statewide wrap-up show co-hosted by Capital Tonight’s Liz Benjamin and NY1′s Political Anchor Errol Louis. The debates were streamed live on YNN.com and NY1.com, and shown live on C-Span. Recorded versions are available now on both sites and on YNN On Demand and NY1 On Demand.
- For Buffalo, NY, area customers – on October 24, YNN is producing a debate between 27th Congressional District candidates Chris Collins (Republican) and Kathy Hochul (Democrat). The program airs on YNN from 7-8 p.m. and is being co-moderated by Liz Benjamin and Casey Bortnick.
- For Rochester, NY, area customers – on October 25, YNN is also producing a debate for the 21st Congressional District, between Bill Owens (Democrat) and Matt Doheny (Republican). Hosted by the Jefferson Community College Student Government and co-moderated by Liz Benjamin and Bill Carey, the one-hour live debate airs on YNN at 7 p.m.
- For Central New York and Rochester, NY, area customers – on October 29 at 7 p.m. 24th Congressional District candidates Congresswoman Ann Marie Buerkle (Republican) and Green Party candidate Urzula Rozum will debate live on YNN. At this time, Democrat Dan Maffei has not accepted our invitation to participate in this debate. The debate is being co-moderated by YNN’s Bill Carey and Syracuse University’s Maxwell School Professor Grant Reeher.
- Of course YNN AND NY1 will have full treatment of the upcoming Presidential debates, live coverage, analysis before and after. The remaining Presidential debates are on Tuesday, October 16 and Monday, October 22, and both run from 9-10:30 p.m.
And, don’t worry if you can’t tune in live, each of the Congressional debates detailed above will also be available afterwards on YNN.com and YNN on Demand.
Categories: In the Community, Local On Demand, New York City, Northeast, On Demand, Programming, What's New