Not every app update is a big deal – usually it’s just a few bug fixes, stability upgrades, adding some channels here and there. This one is different.
Today, we’re launching a new version of our TWC TV app for iPad to bring you the breadth and flexibility of our On Demand catalog. Now you can watch over 4,000 TV and movie titles from 91 different providers.
The initial catalog is a mix of HD and standard-def content. We will be adding more stuff on a regular basis, and adding more HD as we are able.
Some networks don’t offer their on demand product in HD, while some offer a mix of SD and HD. We don’t get absolutely everything in HD today, but we will continue to add to the catalog on an ongoing basis.
We’ll be making the same upgrade to the TWC TV app for PC and Android in a near-future release, currently targeted to launch in the first quarter of 2013.
If you’re using our current iPad app, you should be able to use this upgrade, too. You will have access to the VOD programming associated with your subscription package.
Here’s a list of all the major upgrades in this release:
1. On demand – Over 4,000 TV shows and movies from 94 providers
- FF / REW / Pause using standard iOS player controls (FF disabled where required).
- Browse by TV Shows, Movies, Kids or network.
- Search – search the On Demand catalog by title.
- Parental control – Channel blocking (network based parental control) is enforced for both TWC TV live and on demand content. To block channels, visit myservices.timewarnercable.com.
2. Live TV guide – now features “recently viewed channels” button to quickly recall previously viewed live TV channels.
3. Numerous performance enhancements and bug fixes have been implemented to improve the overall user experience.